Best 24 hours Massage Spa in Cebu City - Welcome to Thai Boran Cebu Massage Spa Blog
According to Wikipedia, Massage is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques, to enhance function, aid in the healing process, decrease muscle reflex activity, inhibit motor-neuron excitability, promote relaxation and well-being, and as a recreational activity.
The word "massage therapy" includes many different techniques which commonly means massage therapists press, rub and treat muscles and other soft body tissues. Massage Therapists usually use their hands and fingers, and sometimes use their forearms, elbows or feet.
Example of Massage Spa Therapy that you can enjoy in Cebu City
Swedish Massage - In Swedish Massage Spa Therapy, the therapist uses long strokes, deep cirvular movements, tapping, kneading and vibration. Swedish Massage is also recommended for athletes.
Swedish Massage is also the most common massage therapy and a good choice for first-time spa-goers.
How does massage therapy work?
Massage therapy brings oxygen and other essential nutrients to body tissues therefore improving blood circulation.
Massage Therapy soothes muscle pain and tension, increases mobility and flexibility, and aids in clearing lactic acid and other body toxins or wastes, which decreases pain and stiffness in muscles and joints.
Why do you need Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy is not just about pampering, it has also health benefits.
Most people get massage therapy for relaxation and some for various health conditions:
- Back pain
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Stress relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation
Massage therapy also soothes stress. It lowers levels of hormones such as cortisol helping body's stress response.
Not just that, Massage Therapy also enhances immune function.
Precautions - Massage Therapy is not for everyone
While most people likes to have a massage more often, massage therapy should not be performed to people with certain conditions.
Massage therapy is not recommended for certain people:
- People with infectious skin disease, rash, or open wounds
- Immediately after surgery
- Immediately after chemotherapy or radiation, unless recommended by your doctor
- People prone to blood clots. There is a risk of blood clots being dislodged. If you have heart disease, check with your doctor before having a massage
- Pregnant women should check with their doctor first if they are considering getting a massage. Massage in pregnant women should be done by massage therapists who are certified in pregnancy massage.
You should not also massage directly over inflamed skin, unhealed wounds, bruises, abdominal hernia, tumors or areas with recent fractures.
Plan ahead when and where your want to have a Massage Therapy.
Don't take heavy meal before the massage.
Where to have Massage Theraphy in Cebu City, Mandaue City or in Talamban, Cebu?
Thai Boran Cebu is the best 24 hours massage spa in Cebu City. Thai Boran Cebu's services includes Body Thai Massage, Swedish Massage, Foot Spa / Foot Massage, and Back Massage.
Thai Boran Cebu Massage Spa Service has 3 branches in Cebu. You can schedule or book your massage therapy session in either of these braches:
- Fuente Osmena, Cebu City (near Crown Regency Hotel) - call (032) 520-2368
- Highway, Mandaue City - call (032) 420-3880
- Talamban (near USC-TC) - call (032) 511-1269
So, what are you waiting. It's time to relieve stress. Have a Massage Therapy session with Thai Boran Cebu now.
About the Author: Visit Ray's Google+ Profile